Voting

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SURPRISE!!! Finley is a.........GIRL!!!

We had our BIG ultrasound today and found out our little baby is a GIRL!! I cannot believe it. I was in shock. I had feelings that she was a little boy but all of my dreams told me she was a girl. I guess my dreams were right!! So PINK..PINK..PINK it is!! I am so excited!!!

Everything else measured perfectly and most of them measured ahead, especially her HEAD!! That is probably the part that scares me the most because it has to come out first!! But I am just glad everything was there and perfect. Her heart rate was in the 140's (which deletes out the old wives tale about the higher heart rate), all 4 chambers were there, she had a perfect spine, thigh bones, 2 kidneys, a bladder, a liver, her face was perfect when they looked at the lips and I swear I saw some hair in there.

I must admit I was very emotional today after finding out. It made it so much more real. I kept saying, "We are having a little girl..she's a little girl..she's my baby girl". Then I started thinking about bows for her hair, clothes, shoes, princesses, drama queens (like her mama), dance lessons, prom, her wedding, her first date..it was actually a little overwhelming. But we could not be more excited. Adam was delighted he will be having a baby girl. Secretly I think she will be a daddy's girl, who knows? He was already talking about her playing sports and being a wrestler and I told him as long as she wore a pink wrestling suit with a crown. He did not comment on that. We have to have compromise!!

I know my niece, Gracie, is going to scream with delight because that is all she has wanted was for us to have a baby girl, well she got her wish. Gracie is the only girl in the family on my mom's side right now, so she was feeling a little outnumbered.

I wish I had pictures at this time but I could not get the to upload from the disc. I will try to get them all up and labeled later on today.

Just keep thinking PINK, PINK, PINK!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

7 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Yah Misty! Congratulations. That is so exciting! 2009 must be the year for little girls!

Michelle said...

Yeahhh Misty, I am sooo excited for you. That is just a perfect Christmas gift...a little princess...and tell Adam I have no doubt you will win that battle!
Love ya,
Michelle

Kacy said...

I KNEW it! I can't wait to buy you and Lee PINK!!! I'm thrilled for you! I always breathe a sigh of relief when I hear "all four chambers" Perfect! You are so very blessed already, Misty! What a very wonderful and exciting road ahead...Oh, and that road can be a sassy, LONG, dramatic road too! (BUT so fun) I love you, Kerri

Lee Wilkes said...

I have been so excited all day since you called me!! How much fun is this going to be?! I am so thrilled that all checked out well too. I'm ready for Monday when I get all the details looked at! Can't wait to see you that night!

Bree said...

YAY!!!

Richard said...

Misty, that is so exciting! You are in for the best days of your life. You better save your money for all of the frills and bows! And, yes, like Kerri said, be prepared for lots of drama and sass!! YAY for PINK!! :)

Ashleigh said...

Hooray!! I have just now been able to jump on here and check this out!! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to give you a big hug Monday!!! Love you.