Voting

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Granny Burr

The best stop we made on April 23, 2011 was to see my Granny Burr, Finley's great-grandmother, my mama's mama. I hear that it is rare to have 5 generations around at one time, but my family did. Ora mae, Finley's great-great grandmother (Granny Burr's mama) is still here with us, however, Granny Burr is not. She passed away on May 27th, 2011, at her home with many loving family members around her, just as she wanted. I miss her so much that it hurts and I will never forget her. I regret that Finley will not get to grow up with her and get to know her better, but I will make sure that she does know her by telling Finley everything I can about her. This event really burned in me that life is so short and we are not promised tomorrow, so live every second of every day like it's your last. And stop saying, "I will do it later", "I will call her later", or "I will see them next time", because there may not be a next time.
I love you Granny!!!




No comments: