Voting

Friday, October 3, 2008

8 Weeks and Cravings

Woohoo, I am 8 weeks today!! My nausea is so much better and has been the past few days. It just comes on during the day at times, like if I waited too long to eat, or I ate a little too much. But much better overall!!

I can only eat certain things, like what I am craving at the time since I am usually feeling a twinge of nausea most of the time. I have been craving things that I have not eaten and haven't thought about eating in years. Like......

-tomato sandwiches (with mayonnaise and salt and pepper)
-macaroni and tomatoes
-potato chip sandwich with mayonnaise
-chocolate milk (which I haven't had since I was a small child, but I know how much Lee loves)
-homemade pimento cheese
-unsweet tea with lemon (which is something I have never liked to drink or could really stand, I am a sweet tea girl)
-salty french fries (which I have only indulged in twice)

Today I wanted a roast beef sandwich with curly fries from Arby's or either a chicken chalupa from Taco Bell. Which is soooo very weird for me since I have not eaten fast food in 3 years. The most I eat is from chick-fil-A. It seems like if I don't have what I am craving for or thinking about, I am just not satisfied until then.

Other than the above symptoms, that is all I have. Sometimes I don't even feel that pregnant. Is that weird? I am sure it will come soon enough. I have an appointment next Thursday and I will let everyone know how it went. Keep us in your prayers!!

2 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

That is exactly how I felt in the first trimester! I remember being embarressed by all of the unhealthy/odd foods I was buying one time at the grocery store! (I'm usually a very healthy grocery shopper) And I could ONLY eat what I got on my mind during a particular day/time...just like what you said!

By the way, I was determined that I would not use pregnancy as an excuse to over eat or gain weight. And up until the 3rd trimester I did pretty good, but at that point, I started eating anything and everything I saw! I gained 40 pounds, but it all fell off within weeks of pregnancy (without dieting).

Don't try to starve yourself, enjoy it, it's the only time in your life you can eat that way without feeling guilty. Your body is going to change/get huge regardless of what you eat!

Ashleigh said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! But....potato chip sandwich with mayo?? That is a first for me.haha I ate pb&j sandwiches with Connor EVERYDAY. And guess who loves them now?? He eats them all the time!! I will try to get those clothes to you soon. You will need them before you know it!!