Voting

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Can you say.......CONSTIPATED???!!!

Okay, so I cannot believe that I am about to discuss this on my blog, but I thought.."Hey, why not" so I can look back on it and laugh and of course, remember this lovely moment of my pregnancy.

Well, I thought that I always understood what being constipated meant. Ha, Ha. Someone that doesn't go for a few days or has trouble going. I am a nurse, so I educate people on how to prevent constipation and how to treat it and what to take. I considered myself an expert. I have let this go way to far!!! I would say I have had a "sluggish" colon since being pregnant but I literally have not gone in the past week and if anyone knows me out there, you know I go daily. I knew that progesterone slowed down your digestion among other things, but this is ridiculous. I am dying!!!!! I have now resorted to eating prunes tonight and will later drink prune juice. If this doesn't work, then I will have to resort to the stool softener that I do not want to take because I hate medications and I never take them. My belly looks like I am at least 5-6 months and I feel like a giant cow!!!

Anyway, I guess I will let you guys know how things come out!!! Or if they don't!! Ha, Ha!!!

1 comment:

Bree said...

You are too funny!