Voting

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a little bit of monitoring

I wasn't going to post anything about this part of my pregnancy, but my dear friend, Betsy, called me yesterday concerned about seeing a comment my husband put about it on his Facebook page.

On Sunday morning, I was concerned that I had not felt Finley move since the day before around 6:00pm. She usually always moves at night when I sit down, after I eat, when I lie down in bed at night, early in the morning between 4:00 and 5:00 am and when I really try to "poke" around on my belly. I tried all of these things and nothing worked. I had a big breakfast, then went to work and saw one patient. I then went by my office for some supplies and tried really hard then. I drank some Coke and jiggled my belly and even ran around the desk. Weird, huh? I just couldn't shake that feeling that I had. I had never felt it before.

Anyway, I ended up calling the doctor on call and he wanted me to go to the hospital to be monitored. I was actually surprised. I even started to cry for a second, because, of course, a million things ran through my head. Luckily, I was already there, since that is where I work and Adam met me and we went upstairs to Labor and Delivery. The nurses could not have been more supportive and nice and actually made me feel better about being there. They put the heart monitor and the contraction monitor on me and her heart rate was beautiful in the 140's and boy she did not like the pressure from the straps. She made up by moving and kicking 1000 more times than usual. It was fun to see the look on Adam's face when she looked like she was trying to come out of my belly.

To sum it all up, everything was fine and we were there about an hour. I did feel better mentally and physically after that and just went on back to work. I had Faith that everything was fine, I just wanted to be sure and see with my own 2 eyes. I would have never been able to forgive myself if something was wrong and had waited too long. But, if anyone was wondering, like Bet, that is what happened and all is well!!

No comments: