Voting

Monday, February 2, 2009

Update from doctor's appointment today on Miss Finley Gabrielle

Well, after freaking out for the past few weeks over drinking the glucose solution to be tested for gestational diabetes, I realized it was not as bad as people were saying. It was actually kind of good. Not anything I would buy in the store, but okay. It was very cold and fruit punch flavored. I sucked it down with a straw with not much problem. My sweet husband took the morning off to be there with me for moral support..thanks Adam..I don't know what I would do without you!!

Well, Finley's heart rate was in the 140's, as usual, and everything is fine. The physician's assistant had a little trouble finding her heartbeat at first and when the nurse came in, she found it right away. She said that at 25 weeks, the uterus is above the belly button, but alot of babies like to be high on the left side under the ribs near their mommy's heart beat, and that's where my baby girl was. I thought that was sweet. My blood pressure was 120/74 and I have gained a total of...........31 pounds!!! OMG!! I cannot believe I am typing that. I knew I was getting huge, but come on. I am actually a little depressed over it today. It would be okay if I was at the end or something, but I still have 14 1/2 more weeks to go!! I am going to explode!!Please don't any of you little skinny butts out there send me a comment to where you gained that much or 40 or 50 pounds, because I don't want to hear it..it will not make me feel any better at all. When you are as skinny as you are (and I know who you are) you NEED to gain that much. And I am saying this in a very loving way...he, he. If you add the 20 pounds I put on BEFORE I was pregnant, then...well you can do the math. Holy crap!!! That's all I can say!!

On a more positive note, I am not complaining, just trying to come to terms with my new body here. I am so thankful for all of this. The heartburn, the leg cramps in the middle of the night, the constant having to go to the bathroom, the gas, the weight gain, the dizziness, the shortness of breath...I love them all because it is for a beautiful purpose..and I am thankful. I am sitting here right now with my bare belly hanging out watching my child kick my stomach. It is so amazing to watch this. I could watch it all day.

Coming soon....Belly pics!!!

No comments: