Voting

Monday, May 4, 2009

Finley's Birthday!!!

Adam and I went to see my regular OB today and I was checked, had a non-stress test (which was good), and was scheduled for an induction. Quite an eventful appointment.It looks like I am going in on Sunday night to have it started. They will be putting in the cervadil to dilate my cervix and then the doctor will come in on Monday morning and break my water and start the Pitocin drip. I know this is exciting to some, but I am hating that they are gonna force my body into something that it will not be quite ready for and not doing on it's own, but I have to do what I have to do. The doctor said that I am dilated "barely 1 cm, but her head is way down in your pelvis". That was not news to me because I have been feeling that pressure for about a week now. It is painful at times.

But on the positive side, I am a planner and I am glad I will know what day it will happen and I can get everything together. I am just so excited about everything and I cannot believe we are going to meet our daughter in a week!!

This was a fast update and I promise I will get on the computer and try to put some pictures on here of my showers and of my blossoming belly and body!!! I know you guys just can't wait!!

4 comments:

Lee Wilkes said...

YEA!!! One week til we meet sweet baby girl!! I hope you are feeling okay still...if you get a chance, call me and we can chat a while-I am home most all the time ya know! Addie Grace is a good baby so I will have some time to catch up. I can't wait to see pics-wish I could be there in person!

Betsy Marchant said...

Yah Mit! I know you are excited! That's exactly how they induced me. Let me just say don't eat anything after they give you the cervadil. That part was not so fun. Once they broke my water in the morning/started pitocin things were ROLLING! I hope you're planning to get an epidural. :) LOVE YOU! Tell Adam to take a laptop and give us a play by play!

Lauren said...

Let's get this party started...oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh! So glad to hear Finley will be here soon! Can't wait to hear all about it...will spare you birth stories...everyone has their own journey. Just keep reminding yourself of the phrase, "Nothing is worth more than this day" You'll do fine and it will be great and before you know it...you'll want to do it all again! So excited for you and Adam!

Kacy said...

Hi MIT!! YAY! I'm thrilled and am already planning a road trip to meet sweet Finley! (With your approval, of course!)

Okay, so I have to do it...(birth story) I had to go into MUSC on a Wednesday night to begin my drip and BAM, she wanted to come immediately that night! It was like my body just needed a nudge, so hopefully, yours will be the same! (They had to slow everything down and stop all meds, to wait until morning!) Point is, she will be here and maybe a lot sooner and easier than you expect! Don't worry!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see that sweet baby girl of yours!

Love you, Kerri